- Probiotic microorganisms in food. Properties, benefits, safety and enumeration
- What are probiotics?
- Benefits claimed for the ingestion of probiotic bacteria
- Probiotic bacteria and other microorganisms
- Characteristics of bifidobacteria
- Mechanisms postulated for the beneficial effects of probiotic bacteria
- Safety of probiotics
- Selection of probiotics
- Minimum concentration of probiotic required for beneficial effect
- Enumeration of probiotic bacteria
- Media for the isolation of probiotic bacteria.
- Survival of probiotic bacteria in commercial yoghurt products
- Some product development considerations
- European Community Regulation no 1924/2006 and health and nutrition claims
- All Pages
What are probiotics?
He hypothesised that the growth of this lactobacillus in the GI- tract would displace other putrefactive bacteria, reduce the concentrations of toxins in the gut and thus improve health.