Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > General dairy > General dairy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pastey yogurt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyanthia12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pastey yogurt
    Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 8:42pm
Hi

My son wont eat many foods but likes yogurt. Many supermarket yogurts are pastey and not like milk. Is there a list of bad yogurts that I should not buy?
Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 8:31pm
Thank you for your query. Yes there are some yoghurts, particularly those containing fruit, that feel like a paste rather than a liquid and it can be disappointing when they are opened. It would not be appropriate for me to list the manufacturers but it might be worth you writing to the CEOs of the companies concerned and complaining; it might be the first time anyone has told them!
I have usually found products from Muller, Rachel and the Clandeboye Estate in Northern Ireland free from this trait. Some own brand products from major UK supermarkets can be surprising good value for money and may be worth exploring.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic