Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Ice cream > Ice cream
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ice creem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TD View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ice creem
    Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:20pm
We r using software to calculated mix compostion. Can post if wnated.

TD

Sponsored Links

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:20pm
1. Progress is not possible unless you know how much fat there is in the cream.

2. The maximum fat level in ice-cream depends to a large extent on the type of freezer you have. Your freezer should be suitable for producing ice-cream of 9% fat.

3. If you change the fat concentration you must balance your mix e.g additional sugar will be required and you will need to check that the MSNF concentration is correct. So there is some work required.

4. You might find a course on ice-cream manufacture helpful. My colleagues at Loughry -www.cafre.ac.uk may be able to help you. I know that they have booklets on commercial ice-cream manufacture.
austin_martin View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin_martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:20pm
Yes we mke our creem. We do nt kno butter fat in creem.

We thnk we hve a horizontal freeze

We hve a recipe for our icecreem. We wnt to mk it creemery
michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:20pm
A few questions first.

1. I presume you make your own cream? What is the fat content?

2. What sort of ice-cream freezer do you have? Vertical-upright or horizontal?

3. Do you know what a balanced ice-cream mix is and how to balance a mix?
austin_martin View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin_martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:19pm
We mk organic icecrem 6% butter fat. How can I get to 9% fat?

AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic